It is quite common to have dry, chapped lips during winter. There are certain factors which can cause dry, chapped lips such as; smoking, dehydration, certain medications, allergic reactions, climatic change, exposure to sun and deficiency of nutrients. Some of the common symptoms of dry, chapped lips are; dryness of lips, bleeding, lack of moisture, sensitivity, pain, red and rough lips.
Dry, Chapped Lips Natural Remedies
There are several natural remedies for dry, chapped lips which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at natural without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular natural remedies for dry, chapped lips which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the simplest natural remedies for dry, chapped lips is to drink plenty or water on every day. This will keep your skin hydrated and will prevent dryness of the lips and skin.
2. Honey is considered to be one of the most efficient natural remedies for dry, chapped lips. All you need to do is apply honey directly on your lips on regular basis. This will allow your lips to heal quickly and will provide sufficient moisture to it.
3. Consume foods rich in vitamin B, essential fatty acids and iron as their deficiency can cause scaling of lips.
4. Coconut oil is also very beneficial in treating dry and chapped lips. Just take some coconut oil and apply it several times on your lips every day.
5. Olive oil is known to provide moisture to dry and chapped lips. You can apply olive oil directly on your lips on regular basis.
6. Consume foods rich in vitamin A on daily basis. Vitamin A is very helpful for remove and growth of the skin. Some of the food sources rich in vitamin A are green leafy vegetables, carrots and tomatoes.
7. You can even try using milk cream to treat dry and chapped lips. Just apply milk cream on your lips regularly. This will prove to be quite effective in treating this ailment.
8. Take some fresh neem leaves and grind them. Now apply neem juice on your lips. Daily use of this natural remedy will heal your lips.
9. Cucumber is also very helpful in treating dry and chapped lips. Just take a cucumber and cut a out of it. Now rub this cucumber on your lips.
10. Take castor oil, glycerin and lemon juice in equal quantities. Mix them together and then apply this mixture on your lips before going to bed. Next morning take a cotton ball and soak it with water. Use this cotton ball to wipe off your lips.
These were some of the most effective natural remedies for dry, chapped lips which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use.