Swelling of the abdominal area due to gas or excessive liquid is known as bloating. The tightened abdomen can cause discomfort and can make it really difficult to either sit down or walk around. Crohn's disease and gastrointestinal tract affliction can also cause bloating. It can also cause sharp pain in the stomach. Some common symptoms of bloating are; fatigue, darkened stool, chest pain, stomach discomfort, diarrhea, indigestion, vomiting, breathing problem and difficulty in burping and swallowing.
Bloating Natural Remedies
There are several natural remedies for bloating which can be very effective if followed properly. Some of the common natural remedies for bloating are:
1. One of the most effective natural remedies for bloating is the consumption of ginger tea. Consuming ginger tea soothes bloating by leaving a warming effect on the digestive system. This warming effect results into digestive enzyme production which enhances and improves food digestion.
2. Consuming a mixture of grounded cinnamon, honey and water on regular basis is also very helpful in relieving the discomfort caused by bloating.
3. Bay leaves are also very helpful in causing relief from bloating. Just boil a cup of water and then add bay leaf to this water. Wait for five minutes and drink the entire cup in one setting. Remember not to lie down for at least one hour after consuming this mixture. Staying in upright position will help the gas to come out quicker.
4. Chamomile tea is considered to be one of the efficient natural remedies for bloating. All you need to do is consume chamomile tea twice daily. One in the morning and one just before going to bed.
5. Peppermint tea is also one of the effective natural remedies for bloating. It relaxes your body muscles and allows your body to release digestive gas. Just boil a cup of water with some dried peppermint leaves (one teaspoon) in it. Let it boil for ten minutes and then strain this tea. Drink this tea for four to five times daily. This tea is more effective if you consume it before meals.
6. Turmeric is also very effective in treating bloating. It is rich in nutrients and vitamins such as protein, folic acid, iron, vitamin C and calcium. These vitamins and nutrients help to improve the functioning of the digestive system.
7. Fennel tea is known to have digestive is very effective in giving relief from bloating.
8. Drink plenty of water and eat fruits and green leafy vegetables. Buttermilk is also very helpful in fighting bloating.
9. Avoid eating troublesome foods such as celery, beans, milk products, apricots and Brussels sprout. Do not drink carbonated beverages.
10. Avoid tobacco products and smoking.
11. Carom seeds are known to have thymol which acts as an antibacterial and is very effective in curing problems of digestive system. Therefore consuming carom seeds mixed in water with some black salt can be very helpful in treating bloating.
12. One of the effective natural remedies for bloating. It stabilizes the acids of your stomach and is very helpful in treating bloating.