Why Am I Losing Hair? Find Out the Causes of Your Hair Loss
Normally, hair grows for around 2 to 3 years, at an average speed of 1 centimeter per month. About 90 % of the hair on an average individual’s scalp is growing at some point of time. The rest 10% is in the resting phase. After around 3 to 4 months, the resting hair falls off, and new hair grows in its place. It is normal to lose some amount of hair every day, as a part of this cycle. However, when you are suffering from baldness, you experience excessive loss of hair. To combat this problem, you can try the HairMax LaserComb Professional 12, a low level laser device that helps in preventing and treating hair loss.
However before you buy any HairMax LaserComb devices, it is advisable you read the causes of this problem and treat it from the roots.
There are many factors, which cause excessive hair loss. Hormonal problems such as underactive or overactive thyroid glands and imbalance of male or female hormones also cause this problem. Correcting the imbalance of hormones may help you stop this problem.
Many women lose hair in large quantities after about 3 months of childbirth. This is also related to hormonal imbalance. Certain hormones are present in high levels in the body during pregnancy, and the body retains hair, which would normally fall off. When the hormones return to normal levels, some hair falls off, and the normal cycle of hair growth starts again.
Some medications also cause hair fall. This can be stopped, when you discontinue those medicines. Anticoagulants, or blood thinners and medicines used for treating gout, high blood pressure, or heart problems, are known to cause hair fall.
Infections may cause hair loss amongst children. It may occur because of some major chronic illness, such as lupus or diabetes. If you experience this problem, it is best to visit a doctor and get your problem diagnosed as soon as possible.
Not many people realize that their diet might be responsible for their hair loss. You might love saying that your problem is hereditary, but there is also a good chance that it’s your unhealthy diet that’s causing that receding hairline.
Food is a very general term. Not all foods cause this problem, but if you are in the habit of eating processed foods, there is a good chance that the hair on your head are disappearing at a rapid pace. This is because processed foods contain chemicals that are going to harm your body in many different ways. Research indicates that refined white sugar, which contains synthetic sweetener like aspartame, can lead to loss of hair. The use of hydrogenated oils has also been seen to cause baldness, albeit in an indirect manner. Such oils lead to the development of some serious health risks, whose symptom can be hair loss.
Like any other part of your body, your hair also needs certain essential nutrients and vitamins for their health and growth. So, it’s very important that you maintain a healthy diet that includes all the essential nutrients for your body. You might have started a weight loss program that asks you to cut down on your intake of food. There is a good chance that even such an weight loss program can lead to your hair falling out. It’s the consumption of unhealthy foods that results in hair loss and at the opposite end of the spectrum if you eat healthy, you not only improve the health of your body, but also your hair.
Make dietary changes, live healthy, buy a HairMax LaserComb and restore the vitality, health and shine of your hair.