Whooping cough is an infectious disease which normally affects children upto five years old. Bordetella pertussis is a highly contagious form of bacteria which is responsible for whooping cough. Some of the common symptoms of whooping cough are sneezing, vomiting, sore throat, tears, night cough, and loss of appetite, mild dry cough, diarrhea, retching, tiredness and nosebleeds.
There are several natural remedies for whooping cough which are very effective in treating this ailment and are quite simple to use. These natural remedies are completely natural and do not pose any risk of side effects. Some of the popular natural remedies for cough which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective natural remedies for whooping cough is the use of garlic. All you need to do is consume one teaspoon of garlic juice two to three times daily.
2. Calamus is an herb which is known to have antispasmodic and is very beneficial in treating whooping cough. Just roast this herb and separate a pinch of powder from it. Let the person consume this power with a teaspoon of honey. But remember to give smaller dose to the children.
3. Ginger is very helpful in removing mucus from the throat. All you have to do is mix one teaspoon of ginger juice with one teaspoon of honey and let the patient consume this mixture. This is one of the most efficient natural remedies for cough.
4. Radish juice can also prove to be very effective in treating whooping cough. Take a teaspoon of radish juice and mix it with one teaspoon of honey along with a small quantity of rock salt. Consume this mixture three times daily in order to get good results.
5. Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and then mix it in a small cup filled with warm milk. Now add some honey to this mixture and drink it sip by sip. This will help in soothing the throat.
6. Take ten drops of fresh white onion juice and mix with ten drops of ginger juice. Now add five drops of almond oil to this mixture and consume it. It is very beneficial to consume this mixture three times daily for a fortnight.
7. Aniseed is also equally beneficial in treating whooping cough. It is very effective in the case of hard and dry cough. All you need to do is make a tea out of this herb and drink it.
8. Take some basil leaves and crush them to extract their juice. Now mix this juice with one teaspoon of honey and let the patient consume it. This natural remedy is very effective in treating babies suffering from cough.
9. Take 100 grams of raisins and grind them in a regular drinking water. Now mix 100 grams of sugar in it and then heat this mixture on a low flame until it turns into a thick liquid. It is very helpful if you consume one tablespoon of this liquid one or two times daily.
These were some of the most effective and popular natural remedies for whooping cough which are simple, cost-effective and safe.
Read about Natural Remedies for Whooping Cough.