Damage to the skin caused by over exposure to the rays of the sun is known as sunburn. Some of the common symptoms caused by sunburn are dehydration, skin inflammation, skin rashes, redness, vomiting tendency, sickness and severe itching in the skin and the eyes. Fair skinned people are more prone to sunburns.
There are several natural remedies for sunburn which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular natural remedies for sunburn which have been used since a very long time and have proved to be effective are:
1. One of the most effective natural remedies for sunburn is to use a mixture of buttermilk and tomato juice. All you need to do is take six of buttermilk and then mix one part of tomato juice in it. Now apply this mixture on the affected area. This will help in quick healing of the sunburned.
2. Cucumber is also considered to be one of the most efficient natural remedies for sunburn. Take a cucumber and cut it into slices. Now rub the sunburned area with these slices of cucumber. This will help in giving a cooling effect to the skin.
3. Drink lots of water every day as it will act as a substitute for the lost fluids due to sun exposure. It will also help in keeping your sunburned area moisturized.
4. Sandalwood acts as an herbal sunscreen and is also known for its cooling. Make a dilute paste out of sandalwood and then apply it on your skin before you go out in the sun.
5. Take a piece of ripe papaya and mash it. Now take a cup and fill it half with this mashed ripe papaya. Add two teaspoons of oatmeal and one drop of honey in this cup. Mix them well and then apply this mixture on affected region. Wait for twenty minutes and then wash with water.
6. Lavender oil is also very helpful in treating sunburn. Just take some lavender oil and then apply it directly on the affected region of your body. This will give you relief from the itching and pain caused by sunburn.
7. Take a glass filled with warm water and then add five to six babunphul in it. Now take a cotton ball and use it to apply this mixture on the affected region of the body. This will give relief from irritation and itching.
8. For treating the sunburns on the face you can use a mixture of barley powder, milk, olive oil, egg white and honey. First take some barley powder and mix it with milk. Add honey, olive oil and egg white to this mixture and blend them together to form a paste. Now apply this paste on your face.
9. Take water and milk in equal quantities and mix them together. Now take a clean cloth and soak it in this mixture. Apply this cloth on your face and other affected region of your body.
These were some of the most effective natural remedies for sunburn which are quite safe to use without any side effects and are cost-effective.
Read about Natural Remedies for Sunburn.