A type of skin which has low tolerance towards the skin care products and environmental conditions is known as sensitive skin. There are certain factors which can cause sensitive skin such as perfumes, detergents, fibers , stress, allergic reactions to certain foods, weather changes and exposure to pollution dirt and toxins. Some of the common symptoms of sensitive skin are skin appears thin and translucent, dryness, flaking, premature wrinkles and oversensitivity to the sun.
There are several natural remedies for sensitive skin which are quite simple and are safe to use with no side effects. Some of the popular natural remedies which have been tried since a very long time and have proved to be effective are:
1. One of the most effective natural remedies for sensitive skin is the use of aloe vera gel. All you need to do is take some aloe vera gel and mix it with water. Now apply this mixture on your skin. Men can use this mixture after shaving and women can use it after they are done with removing their facial hair with tweezers.
2. Keep your body hydrated and eat a healthy diet. Drink lots of water and consume fresh fruits and vegetables. This is one of the simplest natural remedies for sensitive skin.
3. Take one cup of natural yogurt and then mix half cup of oatmeal in it. Apply this mixture on your skin and wait for ten minutes. Later wash your face with warm water. This natural remedy will reduce the irritation and will give a soothing effect to your skin.
4. Try to limit your bathing time as hot water can make your skin dry and cause irritation and itchiness. Those who have sensitive skin which is prone to irritation and acne should wash their face only once in a day.
5. Take some honey and carrot juice. Mix them together and then apply on your neck and face. Wait for ten minutes and then wash with water. This natural remedy will rejuvenate your skin and will make it glow.
6. Green tea is known to have anti-oxidant which are very beneficial for healing the skin. All you need to do is take a cup filled with hot water and then dip a green tea bag in it. Wait for few minutes and then add an ice cube in it and wash your face with it.
7. While washing your linen and clothes use detergents which are free from fragrance, and rinse them properly to make it free from any traces of soap.
8. Coconut milk when used with lemon juice can really be very helpful for cleansing the skin. All you need to do is mix some coconut milk with few drops of lemon juice and then apply to your face. Wait for ten minutes and rinse with water.
9. You can even use a face pack of cucumber and yogurt which will prove to be very beneficial for your sensitive skin.
These were some of the most popular natural remedies for sensitive skin which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use.
Read about Natural Remedies for Sensitive Skin.