A condition in which there is irritation and itchiness of the skin around the anus is known as rectal itching. There are certain factors which may cause rectal itching such as diabetes, skin disorders, eczema, psoriasis, pinworm, dry skin, anal tumors, fissures, laxatives, chemical irritants, vaginal infection in women and many more. Some of the common symptoms of this ailment are itchiness, pain, burning and skin tag.
There are several remedies for rectal itching which are simple to follow and quite safe to use without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular natural remedies which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the simplest remedies for rectal itching is to use petroleum jelly. All you need to do is apply petroleum jelly on the affected region of your body. This will remove dryness of the anal lining by providing moisture and will prevent further itching.
2. Natural oils such as almond oil or coconut oil can also prove to be very effective in treating itching. Just apply any one of these oils on the affected area. This will give you relief from the itching and dryness.
3. Avoid toilet paper when cleaning the anus. Keep the area clean and make sure that no trace of soap is left on the area as it can cause further irritation.
4. You can even use gentle moisturizer to prevent dryness and itchiness. It will also help in keeping the skin healthy and will provide sufficient moisture to the affected area.
5. Avoid liquor, sodas, spicy food, food and beverages rich in vitamin C. Stay away from such food products for at least two weeks.
6. Witch hazel is a traditional natural remedy which is very effective in treating rectal itching. All you have to do is take a cotton ball and soak it in witch hazel. Now apply this cotton ball on the affected area for few seconds. This will give immediate relief from the symptoms and will give a soothing effect. Repeat this natural remedy after every few hours. This is one of the most effective natural remedies for itching.
7. Avoid taking hot baths and showers as they can make the skin of the anus dry which can later cause rectal itching.
8. Do not use scented or deodorized soaps as they can later cause irritation and itchiness. It is better to use unscented soaps.
9. Soap nut is also very beneficial in treating rectal itching. All you have to do is take some soap nuts and remove their skins. Now take a glass of water and boil it. Add these soap nut skins to this boiling water. Allow it to cool down and then mash these boiled skins. Now strain and filter this mixture. The decoction so prepared is very effective in treating rectal itching.
The above mentioned natural remedies for rectal itching are some of the most popular and effective natural remedies. These natural remedies are not only easy to use but also are very safe.
Read about Natural Remedies for Rectal Itching.