A condition in which faster than normal flaking and excessive production of skin cells take place is known as psoriasis. There are certain factors which may cause psoriasis such as defective immune system, genetics and heredity, climate, infections, stress, certain medications and physical trauma. Symptoms of psoriasis may include areas of skin which become thick, raised, dry and red or pink in color.
Psoriasis Natural Remedies
There are several natural remedies for psoriasis which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the common natural remedies for psoriasis which have been used since a very long time and have proved to be effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective natural remedies for psoriasis is the use of water therapy. All you need to do is to keep your skin hydrated by showering or soaking in the bathtub. You can even try using Epsom salt in bath water.
2. Garlic is also considered to be one of the effective natural remedies for psoriasis. Garlic is known to have blood purifying and can be consumed on empty stomach every morning. This will help in filtering the blood and will make it free of toxins.
3. Aloe vera is also very helpful in treating psoriasis. Just cut the leaf of aloe plant and then rub its gel on the affected area. This will help in providing you relief by reducing the itchiness of the affected area.
4. You can even try using fish oil as an effective natural remedy for psoriasis. It is natural, cheap and non toxic and can be applied directly on the skin.
5. One of the simplest natural remedies for psoriasis is to expose the affected part of the body to the sun or you can even try using ultraviolet light treatment.
6. Flowers of jasmine have proved to be very effective in treating psoriasis. All you have to do is take some fresh flowers of jasmine and then crush them to form a paste. Now apply this paste on the affected area of the body. This natural remedy will help in giving relief from the itchiness and the pain.
7. Wrapping your psoriasis lesions with plastic wrap can help in making these lesions disappear. If you feel uncomfortable using these plastic wraps then you can switch to psoriasis patches which are specially for this purpose.
8. Try to avoid consumption of curd and salts as they can cause further inflammation of the skin. You can use rock salt in the place of normal table salt.
9. Take some water in a container and boil. Now add powdered almond to this boiling water and allow it to properly boil further. Leave this mixture to cool down. Just before going to bed apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it for the whole night. Next morning wash it with water.
10. Drinking one bowl of cabbage soup on daily basis is also very helpful in treating psoriasis.
11. Take some soap nut and boil it in water. Allow this mixture to cool down after boiling. Apply this mixture on the affected part.
These were some of the most effective natural remedies for psoriasis which are simple to follow and safe to use.
Read about Natural Remedies for Psoriasis.