Clean and healthy nails always add to the beauty of a person. Nails are made up of keratin which is a tough protein. There are certain ways of taking good care of your nails which can make them look attractive and beautiful. The appearance of your nails can reflect your overall health.
There are several remedies for nail care which are simple to use and are quite safe to try at without any risk of side effects. Some of the popular remedies for nail care which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective remedies for nail care is to provide essential moisture to your nails on regular basis. You can try using moisturizers containing vitamin E.
2. Cuticles protect nails from fungi and diseases. It is very important to take good care of your compelte hand. All you need to do is first wash your nails and then massage your cuticles with coconut oil. You can use orange wood stick to remove the dead skins. Now take a cotton ball and apply moisturizer on your cuticles.
3. Nail files are very helpful in making it look pretty, long and natural. But always remember to use softer grain files as rougher files can damage your nails. These files come in different sizes and shapes are available in the market.
4. Lack of folic acid and vitamin C can cause hangnails. Deficiency of vitamin A can cause brittle nails. Therefore try to consume food rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and folic acid.
5. Another preventive measure is to avoid excessive usage of nail polish removers. Nail polish removers contain acetone which can cause dryness of the skin. It is advisable to use nail polish removers only once in a week.
6. If you are suffering from yellow nails then you can use the following remedy to whiten up your nails. Remove nail polish by remover. Now wash your hands properly and scrub your nails by a polish brush. Use a soft towel to make your nails dry. Mix together one tablespoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of lemon juice to form a paste. You can apply this paste on your fingernails. Buff your nails and wash them. Once they are dry, massage your nails with hand cream. Allow your nails to completely dry and then apply nail polish (two coats).
7. While washing dishes, working in garden or working with cleansers you can try using protective cotton-lined vinyl gloves.
8. To treat the problem of nail fungus you can try using a solution of Listerine mouthwash, chlorine bleach and hydrogen peroxide. Just soak your nails in this solution on daily basis. It may take months to heal but this remedy is very effective in treating nail fungus.
9. Do not bite your nails and don't scrub or scrape your nails with any instrument.
The above mentioned home remedies for nail care are simple, cost-effective and safe to try.